Paine Field WPA Proudly Presents the
2013 Scholarship Fund
2012 scholarship recipient Luciano Worl is a current student in Central Washington University’s aviation program with a cumulative GPA of 3.769, and he was recently awarded his Commercial Pilot certificate. After graduation in 2013, Luciano is planning to join the Navy and become a Naval Aviator.
2011 scholarship recipients were Aaron Rice and Jordan Allen. Aaron is currently attending Central Washington University in the Department of Aviation, and he is a 2006 Aviation Academy graduate. Jordan is currently in primary flight training at Crest Airpark (recently soloed), and will be attending Big Bend Community College’s aviation program this fall.
Previous Winner: Teresa Sloan
Here is a Flyer you may print out
Awhile back, the Paine Field Chapter had a scholarship fund set up and awarded flight lessons to deserving people. It was wildly successful, as evidenced by the biography below. We have decided to have the scholarship again to hopefully inspire a young person to pursue their dreams of becoming a pilot or aircraft mechanic.
Criteria to Apply
The applicant must:
- Be a US Citizen or legal resident
- Be enrolled (or accepted) into an accredited college, university, or flight school as an undergraduate in one of the following programs:
- Flight Training Program
- Accredited college or university for an aviation degree
- Accredited college for Airframe & PowerPlant certification
- Aerospace labor training program
- Demonstrate financial need
- Have an enrollment status equal to at least half time (6 credit hours) student or be enrolled as a flight training student
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or show satisfactory flight training progress.
Each applicant must submit the following items:
- Completed application form. Apply here: Scholarship Application Form
- A two page, double-spaced essay, describing your academic and career goals and explaining why you are interested in pursuing a pilot certificate or degree in aviation.
- Participate in a live interview (if selected from the qualifying applications).
The deadline for the application is Saturday, March 30, 2013. Applications postmarked after this date will not be considered.
Click HERE for more information about the scholarship namesake, Kurt Mason.